Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Apple - we'll be back

This morning at about 7 Eastern Time, I tried to pre-order an iPhone 4 online on the Apple store. The website was a bit slow, and everything went fine until I tried to add the iPhone to the Shopping cart. Then I got an error message "Oops we have a problem, please retry", or something to that effect. Apple's website must have been getting hammered, because I tried a few more times and got the same error message.

Later, after 8 am I could not even get to the Apple store at all, and got the message "We'll be back soon", which also gives an 800 number. I tried the 800 number, and got a "Due to extremely high call volume we are unable to answer your call now, please try again later".

Pre-ordering the iPhone 4 is going to take persistence.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's about time apple gets their shit together. They can't even be ready to accept orders online. What a looser company. Alot of hype over nothing. Apple, before you sell a new product make sure everything else works. I have tried to place an order for 5 hours online and stayed on the phone waiting 1 1/2 hours after I was disconnected. It's not worth it. I am getting the evo and changing to sprint.