Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Outfoxed

Firefox 2.0 has been out for a while now, but I've held off on trying it, being quite happy with version 1.5.

Then last night I setup Firefox 1.5 with all the addons I use and did an upgrade to version 2.0 on a test machine. The one addon which wasn't compatible was Tab Mix Plus - which is probably the Firefox addon I use the most. I can get some of its functionality with the Tabbrowser Preferences addon, but it messes up the automatic loading of URLs selected from the address bar's history list. I looked around and found New Tab Button, which simply "adds a new tab button to the tab bar".

I'll have to keep on looking for the other functionality I miss from Tab Mix Plus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i imagine by now you know that "Mr Tech Local Install" can bypass the version check to proceed with the extension install successfully.